Gluten Free Tuna Cakes
You Will Need:1 or 2 Jars Shines Irish Tuna in Spring water
You Will Also Need:
- 2-3 Tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 1/2 Cups Pre-cook potatoes- Mashed Left over mashed or baked potatoes work best
- 2 Eggs
- 1 large clove Garlic minced
- 2 Green/white onions chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
Optional serving suggestions
- Green onions
- Dijon mustard
- Tartar sauce
1. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add 1 Tbsp of oil.
2. While the pan is heating up, thoroughly combine the potatoes, eggs, garlic, and green or white onions. Add in the salt, pepper, and Shines tuna, and mix till just combined.
3. Wet hands and grab a golf ball sized amount of potato mix and form a cake. Place the cake on a plate or piece of parchment paper. Repeat this with all of the potato mix.
4. Now that the cakes are formed and the pan is hot place a few cakes on the skillet (don’t overcrowd them). Cook for 3-4 minutes, till the bottom is golden brown, then carefully turn over. Cook for another 3-4 minutes and then remove from the skillet.
5. Add another Tbsp of oil to the pan and cook another round of cakes. repeat until all the cakes are cooked
6. Serve immediately with optional sides
Tag me @blondeeling and #blondeeliving if you try them
Share this recipe