Bruschetta Bar with Shines Irish Tuna
It’s essentially the best of the best when it comes to tapas style eating. Grilled bread, tons of vegetables, different kinds of sauces, meats, fish, various cheeses…. and voila… your dinner party is done.
You Will Also Need:
- Choose your toppings.
- Have one star of the show, my winner and always the talking point is Shines Irish Tuna
- A Tomato basil bruschetta topping (one of my favs
- Roasted peppers
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Olives of all sorts
- Sweet corn
- Cold cuts
- Marinated artichokes
- Selection of nuts
- The sky is the limit here
- Choose 2-3 cheeses ***Remember to allow about 3 ounces of cheese per person***
- Fresh mozzarella (a must in my opinion)
- Fresh goat cheese (another must)
- Blue cheese
- Fresh ricotta cheese
- Choose your wines(optional).
- The wines you choose will depend largely on the cheeses you choose. So, after choosing your cheese, research which wines will pair well.
- Prep Work
- Make all of your spreads and toppings the day before that way they have time to combine all of their flavours and so you don’t have to do everything last minute (you can also purchase a lot of the toppings from SuperValu )
- Another idea is to ask your guests to bring a different topping or spread.
- You could go the extra mile and create little labels for each topping or spread so your guests will know what each one is.
- Things to leave last minute would be things that could turn brown after cutting them such as fruit and grilling your bread.
- Set up your bruschetta bar at least 30 minutes before guests arrive so your cheese has time to come to room temperature and have the best flavor.
- Also, go ahead and grill your bread during this time, if you would like it to be grilled.
- When setting up your bruschetta bar keep things grouped together and this will help to create a beautiful instagram worthy appetizer board! I like to fill in the gaps with some of the grilled bread and place the rest in a dish off to the side. Enjoy!!!
Share this recipe